Droid X released on Verizon
The specs looks pretty much as what was believed from the leaks before, the full list of impressive specs reads:
- 4.3″, 854×480 screen in 16:9 format
- HDMI out and DLNA support
- 1GHz TI OMAP processor
- Flash 10.1 support coming with Froyo
- 8 gigs on board and a 16gig card included, but compatible with 32gig SD cards for a total potential memory of 40 gigs
- 512mb RAM
- 8 MP camera that captures 720p HD video
- Three microphones (outward-facing for video, noise-canceling, and regular)
- 1570mAh battery
- WiFi Hotspot with support for tethering up to 5 devices will also be available for an additional $20 per month with a 2 gig cap.
Verizon stated that Droid X users will get access to Froyo(Android 2.2) later this summer, and this will also bring full Flash 10.1 support.
On paper the Droid X looks like a very strong candidate for the top spot as king of Androids. The current competition being HTC’s EVO 4G and Google’s Nexus One. It will be fun to see a couple of reviews when the unit becomes more available to see what it handles like.